Brighouse Rail Station
Brighouse Railway Station.
Brighouse Railway Station where the old entrance was at one time you can still see the two white lines where the footpath was.
Brighouse Railway Station. Situated on the Huddersfield side of Brighouse after going over the River Calder and through the traffic lights it is on the right hand side of Huddersfield Road surrounded in a triangle with Railway Street and Gooder Lane and also housing the Station Cafe and The Railway Inn.
The Station was originally built in 1840 and was the Main Line for Leeds to Manchester, Brighouse was at one time the main stations in the area serving Bradford as Bradford at the time did not have its own Rail Station, the Mail Line was later taken over by Lancashire and Yorkshire Railways which Brighouse became part of.
Sometime between the war years thought to be around 1923 London, Midland & Scottish Railway took control of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railways and the Brighouse Station became part of this vast line, later to become part of British Railways (BR) in 1948, and Brighouse became part of the North Easton Region Rail Line, many more direct lines were introduced adding to the decline of Brighouse Passenger Station which closed its doors in 1970 although the goods trains still used this line and Station, along with a goods yard on Birds Royd Lane, which now forms the Stations Car Park.
In 2000 Brighouse Station was re-opened and serves some local towns and cities, today Brighouse still has a direct service to Wakefield, Doncaster and London Kings Cross and local services to Huddersfield, Manchester, Bradford and Dewsbury along with other destinations.
National Rail Direct: Brighouse Station, Railway Street,